Friday, August 31, 2012

In the Midst of Gloom

I swarmed in claustrophobia as the darkness was dancing around me. I could hear the footsteps of the darkness as it slowly augmented the pounding in my chest. I attempted to seek refuge under the thin blanket my skin was clinging to, but I could only feel that darkness swirling in great proximity, as if it were trying to lure me. Concealing myself led to the penetrating heat of my cramped haven, but exposing myself led to the confrontation of the darkness. Do not open your eyes till morning, do not open your eyes till morning. Recurring thoughts were constantly hovering over me; the mysteries of this darkness were meddling with my senses. Please allow me to sleep, please allow me to sleep. I could only turn to my great upper being now and I requested, requested and requested. I was never to sleep this early ever again.
I guess this is something we all have to admit to, fear. And now, I admit I am very fearful of the darkness. This is mainly because darkness itself has no definite connotation; it's ambiguous, for the most part. There are so many happenings in the darkness and during our unconsciousness that we will never know of. Darkness will always be the great enigma of humanity, the more we think about it, the more perplexing and sinister it will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment