Saturday, December 22, 2012

This Will Be A Terrible Winter Break, Literally.

Wow. A winter break could have never started on such a horrible foot. Winter break was something I was looking forward to since summer; literally, and when I mean literally I literally mean literally that I was literally counting down the days till the winter break that has just started now. Over this break, my family and I were going to embark on a too-good-to-be-true journey to Paris, Italy, Vatican City, and London for our full two weeks off. I know I'm going to use the word literally once again, but this vacation we had planned since spring (AND totally paid the thousands of dollars for) turned out to literally be too-good-to-be-true, because our whole trip is going to be cancelled due to the news that actually is the root cause of my terrible start of winter break.
The news was agonizing to hear. My grandfather, my Darji (what I have called my grandfather basically since I was born), and also my best friend, has been severely ill for the past few weeks. But what was actually going on with Darji was completely unknown until recently when he finally got a CT scan done for himself. It's very, very unfortunate that my Darji has been diagnosed with a tumor in the bottom right side of his brain. Whether it is a benign or malignant tumor, my family will be finding out tomorrow, but my father will be going to India this week to visit him.
The combination of the possibility that I may never get to see the grandparent that I have been closest to alive ever again and the cancellation of the once-in-a-lifetime vacation that I had been awaiting for since the beginning of summer has shattered my whole winter break into a million pieces. Literally, millions. I cried for hours and hours today, and I don't know when I will return to being the jolly and hyper self I usually am. The way in which I was looking forward to this break cannot be expressed simply in words, nor even tears. Sigh, let's see how these two weeks go...

No comments:

Post a Comment