Sunday, July 8, 2012

It's About Time

It's been a while since I've been journaling my life in my head, actually it's been a really, really long time. Based on all these crazy thoughts I've been logging, I feel it's important to spill my thoughts. And this is obviously not just for me, but for every individual out there. So I guess it's about time to start this. To start spilling out my thoughts to someone who would actually listen to me. (Myself, most probably).
For my whole life, I've been surrounded by certain aspects that I just don't like or just don't appreciate. People, places, and other things don't certainly come within this category. I feel that most of it is myself (once again).
Success is another aspect that has been subtly following me wherever I go, but it doesn't necessarily jump at me, or consume me. My parents, sister, brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends, school; everyone and everything circumscribing me has been consumed by success. I'm just here with success trying to grab me, or vice versa, me attempting at grabbing success.
Just yesterday, I was playing a game of Mario Kart with my sister, and I was trying so hard, putting every single bit of effort I had within me to win that 1st place, and I did. But then I questioned myself. Why am I not like this in the real world? Why am I not pretending that the real world is just like a race of Mario Kart? And it was then I realized that life is merely a game of winning success and allowing success to consume you.
All in all, it's myself and success that have been vexing me this whole time. It's about time to spill. And about time to step up my game.

-Sehej

No comments:

Post a Comment